Preupgrade to rawhide?

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Sep 24 22:14:38 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-09-25 at 00:57 +0300, shmuel siegel wrote:
> Adam Williamson wrote:
> > Please provide the output I asked you for.
> >

> sorry it took so long. I had to change my xorg.conf back to nv from
> nouveau so that I could boot my machine.

> 00:05.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: nVidia Corporation C51G
> [GeForce 6100] [10de:0242] (rev a2)

if your problem is simply that X flat out doesn't work with the nouveau
driver at present on your card, that'd certainly explain why
installation doesn't work, because installation uses X just the same way
as a regular running system does, so it'll be trying to use nouveau. if
you use the kernel parameter 'xdriver=vesa' when running the installer,
does that workaround the problem?

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey