Fedora 12: Have Hard Drive, Want To Test

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Tue Sep 1 18:30:56 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-08-14 at 15:50 -0500, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> Robert L Cochran on 08/14/2009 03:47 PM wrote:
> > How do I actually install to the hard drive from rawhide? I don't think
> > I tried that before.
>

> The fastest way would be to grab an installer from one of the test days
> going on.

I agree with Michael.  Grab F-12-Alpha
(http://fedoraproject.org/en/get-prerelease) or a recent nightly live
image (http://alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/nightly-composes/) and boot
the installer.  At the disk partitioning step, be sure to deselect and
drives you do *not* want to erase ... and select only your new drive
(see
http://docs.fedoraproject.org/install-guide/f11/en-US/html/s1-diskpartsetup-x86.html).

At the bootloader configuration, be sure to install the bootloader to
the MBR of your new drive (see
http://docs.fedoraproject.org/install-guide/f11/en-US/html/s1-x86-bootloader.html#x86-bootloader-adv).

Good luck!

Thanks,