a number of system-config-<whatever> packages do not work

Tim Waugh twaugh at redhat.com
Thu Sep 3 10:50:45 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-09-02 at 16:12 -0400, Gene Czarcinski wrote:
> I just did the same new printer definitions on a F11 system and it was a lot
> "faster" as compared to doing it on a F12 system.  I am not sure what is going
> on but there is something adding delay (using CPU time) on F12 as compared to
> F11 for both s-c-printer and s-c-selinux.

Was the Fedora 11 system fully updated?  Fedora 11 shipped with a CUPS
lacking the dnssd backend which runs until the timeout expires (default
10 seconds).  Without that backend present it would certainly be faster
to gather the list of available devices.

In other words, which cups package was installed on the Fedora 11 system
you tested?

I measured 11s for this operation on both Fedora 11 and rawhide.

Tim.
*/