AdbeRdr-9.1.2-1 on x86_64

Sergey Rudchenko sergey.rudchenko at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 17:16:30 UTC 2009

On 10.09.2009 20:08, Rob Healey wrote:
> Greetings:
>
> I know that the main oncern right now is getting F12 F&F, but I have a
> need to use AdbeRdr...
>
> I am wondering why AdbeRdr wants to install 59 dependencies from i686
> branch.  I have most of all the files that it says that it needs
> already installed for x86_64 packages...
>
> Can someone help me understand why I would need all of these extra 59
> packages when I already have them installed???
>
> Sincerely yours,
> Rob G. Healey

Hi Rob,

Most likely this happens because your AdbeRdr-9.1.2-1  rpm package is
compiled for i686 architecture. Therefore all its dependencies are i686
packages. Unfortunately the corresponding x86_64 packages you have
installed can't substitute the i686 ones. So, you really need install
those 59 packages. Or try to find AdbeRdr-9.1.2-1 package for x86_64.

--
Best regards,
Sergey Rudchenko