Problem with nv driver on FC12

Jim mickeyboa at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 11 02:08:30 UTC 2009

FC12-Alpha

I have A Geforce FX Go5200 that uses the "nv" driver I had no problems
with installing this card on a Dell Inspiron 8600 laptop , but after I
did update it
won't go into X .

At the end of /var/log/Xorg.0.log I have this error , and I don't what
"kernel module is claiming it"
Can some one give a Ideal whats going on

(II) Primary Device is: PCI 01 at 00:00:0
The PCI device has a kernel module claiming it.
This driver cannot operate until it has been unloaded
(EE) No devices detected.

Fatal server error:
no screens found

The /var/log/Xorg.0.log file is attached.