[Fedora Update] [comment] xmms-1.2.11-7.20071117cvs.fc11

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Wed Sep 23 19:56:38 UTC 2009

On 09/24/2009 12:43 AM, Vedran Miletić wrote:

> No, absolutely not. If he wants to do it, he is free to do it. I
> thought that someone was hired to do it, in which case it wouldn't
> make any sense (in my opinion, at least).

The large majority of packages in Fedora are maintained by volunteers.
Red Hat does have a few full time employees but they usually are working
on Fedora infrastructure and enabling the rest of the community to
continue their work on Fedora. Other than three Fedora kernel engineers
working for Red Hat, noone afaik is paid specifically to maintain Fedora
packages from Red Hat.

Rahul