Boot freeze with 2.6.31-33.fc12.x86_64

martin tack tack649 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 20:31:32 UTC 2009

2009/9/23 Sergey Rudchenko <sergey.rudchenko at gmail.com>

> On Wed, 2009-09-23 at 21:33 +0200, martin tack wrote:
> > Sergey ,try a boot in runlevel 3 , and after login as "your-user"  do
> >
> > $ startx .
> I have changed initdefault to 3 in /etc/inittab and rebooted into the
> new kernel. The same happens. No getty's are started.
>
> I think the boot process fails before upstart. No usual greeting ('Press
> I for interactive startup') is shown.
>
> > "messages" are welcome for a compare ,also ~/.xsession-errors.
> I have inspected the /var/log/messages it seems to contain only
> successful boots with the older kernel. I guess the kernel boot messages
> were not dumped to the disk during the hangy boots (I bet it's done
> somewhere at /etc/rc.sysinit time).
>
> > When this works (startx into gui)  ,you probably have the same issue
> > as I had / have ( not sure ,but maybe it's solved ).
> >
> Seems to be not X-related :(
>
> >  До свидания
>  :)
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Sergey Rudchenko
>
> --

Nopes  ,is not the same. But this morning I have seen somewhere ,there is
a problem with BackupPC ,witch prevents selinux and co to install correctly
and thereby disturbing a lot of install related procedures .

If you have BackupPC installed ,remove it tmp , and try a reinstall selinux
& co
Maybe also init and upstart .

When BuPC was not installed ,you can try mkinitrd -f  (for the new kernel
)                to exclude dracut failures (its new ,and had some
problems).

Oh and by the way ,forgot to mention ,the :

 WARNING: Deprecated config file /etc/modprobe.conf, all config files
belong into /etc/modprobe.d/.

is "normal" ,it's lingering around ,and of no importance in this case.

удачи и услышать снова

--
Tack Martin