Can a triager consider to set CLOSED NEXTRELEASE?

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Thu Sep 24 02:16:49 UTC 2009

> On Wed, 2009-09-23 at 21:21 -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:
>
> > I believe this bug _was_ filed against rawhide before F11 was released,
> > and then move to F11 by some bug triage sweep. Looks like shooting
> > yourself in your own foot, if you don't have the power to close the bug
> > anymore, after you've moved it...
>
> yeah, that's a system that's somewhat controversial. there's no perfect
> answer to the question 'should bugs filed on rawhide be switched to a
> stable version once it's released'. At present we _do_ do this. It does
> make sense sometimes; it potentially makes sense here. After all, if you
> think about it, the initial bug request could be read as 'please port
> this to PolicyKit 1.0 for Fedora 11', since it was filed during Fedora
> 11 development period.

No, not really. While this bug was filed during the F11 cycle, the plan
for PolicyKit 1 has always been to land it early in the F12 cycle. The
idea was to have most of the porting done by the time F12 opens. Just
looking at when a bug was filed does not always tell you the full story
of what version it is targeted at...