Boot media testing against F12 Beta test compose, start from 2009-Sep-23

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Sep 24 16:27:22 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-09-24 at 18:49 +1000, Greg wrote:
> On 24/09/2009 6:37 PM, Liam wrote:
> > Because LiveCD is not enough for install testing. If you think DVD
> > is too big to burn, you can download netinstt.iso and burn into CD
> > to boot system and store your DVD.iso to a nfs server. Press [Tab]
> > when boot from CDROM, add
> > "method=nfs:nfs.server.address:/path/of/DVDiso " to boot
> > commandline
> > Liam

> DvD is rather small but its a bit slow for me to download. but if the
> CD's 1 to CD4 was made surely a LiveCD could of been made to as a lot
> prefer to download the LiveCD than the DvD or all those Disc's

Nightly live CD builds are done automatically in any case, and available
at:

http://alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/nightly-composes/

it's fine to just test with those, if you really can't test the Test
Compose, but we do need testing on the Test Compose images specifically
to identify any problems unique to the traditional-installer builds.

Note that live builds from 2009-09-18 to 2009-09-23 do not work, they
will not boot (so no image currently available on the nightly repository
actually works, to my knowledge). 2009-09-24 builds may work, once
today's Rawhide compose comes through and they are built. We're not
sure, yet, but we believe the problem should be fixed. Until then, the
last working live CD composes that are available are the Snap 3 ones:

http://www.fedoraproject.org/get-prerelease

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey