Real mail addresses in list postings and resulting **SPAM**

Allen Kistler an037-ooai8 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 25 07:44:39 UTC 2009

Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> Allen Kistler wrote:
>> Bruno Wolff III wrote:
>>>
>>> Yes. Don't include your real address in your from header.
>>
>> You have to include a real address, otherwise the list kicks it back and
>> won't post it.  Only subscribed members can post.
>
> Nope. The list checks the envelope sender address, not what's in the From
> header.

Fair enough.  Possibly even true.  I'll admit I haven't tried it.

Is there a handy mailer that can create envelopes with values different
from the body?  Sending mail as root on the command line doesn't count
as "handy."

So trying to keep this thread relevant to Fedora, is there one in
Fedora?  I use Thunderbird, so I'm pretty sure that won't do it.