meeting summaries - help?

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Mon Sep 28 14:13:41 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-09-15 at 15:59 -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 03:16:48PM -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
> > On Mon, 2009-09-14 at 18:04 -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> >
> > > I think James does write the summaries by hand.
> >
> > I doubt he generates the list of attendees and number of lines spoken by
> > each by hand. :)
>
> Heh, right -- I was looking at specifically (in the link you sent)
> Sections 2.2 through 3 on the wiki page:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Meetings/20090831
>
> Most of the other stuff looks like it came from the bot, and the log
> processed by irclog2html.py.

I'm still trying to figure out a good sustainable method for generating
the notes.  Suggestions welcome! :)

I use meetbot to help organize the structure of the minutes, but I
review them after each meeting and try to improve the notes for future
reference.  Not ideal, obviously, but I've not found that the meetbot
summaries by themselves are good for referencing after the fact.

I use irclog2html to convert my irc log into wiki a wiki table.  The
verdict wasn't in yet on how long the irc logs from meetbot would be
available, so for now I'm still attaching them to the wiki directly as a
wiki table.

Thanks,
James