Fedora install support for netbooks -- small screen size

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 18:29:03 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 9:24 AM, Robert Moskowitz <rgm at htt-consult.com> wrote:
> I am doing another FC12 install on my ASUS 701ee.  This is a test system,
> and I end up installing every month or so.
>
> Of course with the small screen size, I end up pressing <cntl-N> a lot, as I
> cannot see the Next button.  And on some screens I just miss some options,
> like getting to customize the install packages.  I am always forgetting the
> key combo to turn that check box on.
>
> Is there some way to either get the ability to pan the screen around or
> scroll the screen so that on Netbooks that SHOULD be a popular install
> platform for Fedora, can have workable installation?

I don't know why I didn't think of this when I installed F12 on my 704
but I do have two old CRT monitors laying around. The simplest work
around may be to use those instead during the install. I gave up and
went with the LiveCD originally, but I don't want ext4 and I've
noticed a significant performance hit using it. I also created a
striped LVM last time (4G SSD/4G SD card) under F11 which may have
helped as well which I can't do with the LiveCD.

Richard