F12 Testing highlight: new xorg-x11-server, mesa, libdrm and xorg-x11-drv-ati

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Jan 7 15:09:14 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-01-07 at 07:51 -0700, Kevin DeKorte wrote:

> Adam,
>
> So if you are on ATI hardware is a newer kernel needed to go along with
> those libdrm changes? Also what about plymouth (1), it seems a newer
> version of it is required if you get a newer kernel. I ran into a
> problem with the older plymouth with getting a black screen on boot and
> was able to work around it by either upgrading plymouth or removing rhgb
> from the kernel line in grub.

Good questions. I forgot to mention the plymouth issue - indeed, you
should install the newer plymouth in updates-testing along with the
updated libdrm. Not sure what the kernel situation is; probably best to
have the latest from updates-testing just in case. Thanks.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey