sound - pulseaudio, flash, and solitaire

Steven I Usdansky usdanskys at rocketmail.com
Fri Jan 8 15:09:06 UTC 2010

Running current Rawhide (except for firefox-3.5.6-1.fc12,
kernel-2.6.32.2-15.fc13, and gtk2-2.19.1-1.fc13) on an Acer Aspire One
(AOA150). With pulseaudio installed, AisleRiot (solitaire) hangs when
trying to play a sound, so I forcibly removed most of pulseaudio:
   ~$ rpm -qa | grep pulse
   pulseaudio-libs-glib2-0.9.21-3.fc13.i686
Now, when I play solitaire, I have intermittent sound.

However, sound works properly in flash videos in Firefox. Furthermore,
while http://www.uclick.com/client/sto/sudoc/ is up in Firefox (with
sound enabled), sound works properly in AisleRiot.

Is there any way I can get my sound working reliably in AisleRiot
without pulseaudio and without simultaneously running Firefox?