Fwd: [Fedora-trans-ar] CVS Account Activation

ghoniem at univ-ubs.fr ghoniem at univ-ubs.fr
Mon Dec 6 18:48:07 UTC 2004

Salâm Turki,

My apologies for not answering earlier.

Surlignage Turki Al-Ibrahim <turkim at gmail.com>:

> ssh keys are located in there default location under /home/turki/.ssh
>
> Here is the output of  "ssh -v turki at i18n.redhat.com" :
> $ ssh -v turki at i18n.redhat.com
> OpenSSH_3.9p1, OpenSSL 0.9.7a Feb 19 2003
> debug1: Reading configuration data /etc/ssh/ssh_config
> debug1: Applying options for *
> debug1: Connecting to i18n.redhat.com [66.187.233.241] port 22.
> debug1: Connection established.
> debug1: identity file /home/turki/.ssh/identity type -1
> debug1: identity file /home/turki/.ssh/id_rsa type -1
> debug1: identity file /home/turki/.ssh/id_dsa type 2

This means that your id_dsa key was found. Good news.

[snip]

> debug1: Host 'i18n.redhat.com' is known and matches the RSA host key.
> debug1: Found key in /home/turki/.ssh/known_hosts:13
> debug1: ssh_rsa_verify: signature correct

This is also good news, redhat host is known and is correctly authenticated.

[snip]

> debug1: Authentications that can continue: publickey,keyboard-interactive
> debug1: Next authentication method: publickey
> debug1: Trying private key: /home/turki/.ssh/identity
> debug1: Trying private key: /home/turki/.ssh/id_rsa
> debug1: Offering public key: /home/turki/.ssh/id_dsa
> Connection closed by 66.187.233.241

Except for the last line, your output is similar to mine. From this point, you
should get the following output if things went on correctly :

I get a similar output except for the last line. When things go on smoothly, the
output should be like this :

debug1: Remote: Port forwarding disabled.
debug1: Remote: X11 forwarding disabled.
debug1: Remote: Agent forwarding disabled.
debug1: Server accepts key: pkalg ssh-dss blen 433
debug1: PEM_read_PrivateKey failed
debug1: read PEM private key done: type <unknown>
Enter passphrase for key '/home/turki/.ssh/id_dsa':
debug1: read PEM private key done: type DSA
debug1: Remote: Port forwarding disabled.
debug1: Remote: X11 forwarding disabled.
debug1: Remote: Agent forwarding disabled.
debug1: Authentication succeeded (publickey).
debug1: channel 0: new [client-session]
debug1: Entering interactive session.
debug1: client_input_channel_req: channel 0 rtype exit-status reply 0

Welcome to rhlinux.redhat.com

This is a restricted Shell Account
You cannot execute anything here.

debug1: channel 0: free: client-session, nchannels 1
Connection to i18n.redhat.com closed.
debug1: Transferred: stdin 0, stdout 0, stderr 39 bytes in 0.5 seconds
debug1: Bytes per second: stdin 0.0, stdout 0.0, stderr 73.2
debug1: Exit status 1
------------------------------

I cannot explain why the connection is closed so quickly in your case. The best
thing to do in your situation would be to send an email to the maintainer of the
translation project, Sarah Wang sarahs at redhat.com, with the following
information as attachments :
1- your id_dsa.pub key file, this is your public key. (Don't send your private
key !)
2- the output of "ssh -v turki at i18n.redhat.com"

(this is what she asked for when I had connection problems)

I hope she will be able to find the origin of your problem.

Salâm

Mohammad