[Fedora-trans-ar] Our beloved qamoose

Munzir Taha munzirtaha at newhorizons.com.sa
Sun Dec 19 11:23:07 UTC 2004

On Yaum al-Ahad 07 Thu al-Qi`dah 1425 11:08 am, Mohamed Eldesoky wrote:

> > Ghoneim, Desokey! If you can make some lines of code that demonstrate it,
> > it will be great! (Home Work ;))
>
> Shouldn't Mamboo use a default charcode ??
> if it unicode, then everything will be fine !!

Desokey, mambo use a default encoding, let's say it's unicode(utf-8). Like any
other utf-8 encoded page: if you go to View -> Set encoding -> Arabic(cp
1256), the Arabic text would not render properly since utf-8 and cp1256 have
different code points for the Arabic characters. This is normal and what I
used to encounter. Now, our glossary page would render properly however you
try to mess it. Actually,  you can't! Isn't this nice? The question is how?

--
Munzir Taha  PGP Key available

Mandrake Club Member
Maintainer of the Open Arabic Bugs Project at
http://wiki.arabeyes.org/OpenBugs
CIW Designer, ICDL, MOUS, Linux+, LPI 101
New Horizons CLC, Riyadh, SA