[Fedora-trans-ar] Arabic Maintainer

Sherif Abdelgawad sabdelg at redhat.com
Thu Jul 1 14:19:54 UTC 2004

On Thu, 1 Jul 2004, Muhammad Alkarouri wrote:

> I think it will be good if we can
> release Sarah from this complcation, as she already has enough work on her
> plate.

I think the policy which Sarah mentioned that till we choose she elected
herself to maintain the list. Munzir if you do not want to maintain the
list, I can take this one. Just let us know what you think.

> To say it more explicitly, currently Arabeyes is by far the largest contributor
> to Arabic translation. According to the current decision there, they are not
> participating now. And a maintainer is a person commited and accountable at the
> time. While I personally prefer that the translation comes under the scrutiny
> of their QAC, if they are not to be involved and cannot maintain the work well,
> they aren't going to do it.
>
> I am probably going to renegotiate their decision some time later, especially
> after the clear explanation offered by Bernd.

They made a decision and that would be it and it really ended it. It is an
open source project after all. So let us not talk about if they were here,
and focus on getting the work done.

> Sherif has already voted, and I am voting now (for).
> If Eldesoky says ok, I think we can proceed.

M. Desoky can you please speak up, and vote  :)

> Think of that 'list' matter..

As I said, I can maintain this and leave Munzir with the headeach of the
modules :)

> Salam,
> Muhammad Alkarouri
>
> Disclaimer: .. As usual.

I belive this disclaimer should not there, you are not sending from
arabeyes email, they are not here anymore as they decided , so we should
not worry about a Disclaimer ;)

Thanks

Sherif