[Fedora-trans-ar] anaconda/ar in QA

Munzir Taha munzirtaha at newhorizons.com.sa
Sun Jul 18 22:51:35 UTC 2004

On Yaum al-Ahad 30 Jumaada al-Awal 1425 08:40 am, Basem Narmok wrote:

> >* msgstr "تأكّد من أن طول كلمة السّرّ لا يقل عنّ 6 أحرف."- There is no
> > shadda on عن. On the contrary you removed the shadda from التّثبيت in
> > another msgstr which has a shadda to indicate the silency of the lam.
>
> I prefer to remove all "shaddat" and just use it when the presence of
> shada gives the required meaning, what do you say about this rule "Use
> shada only when it helps to give the wanted meaning"?

For shadda it ALWAYS helps, especially for non-arabs ;) For example the shadda
you removed will tell the user that the letter LAM should not be pronounced
and the letter TAH/TEH shoud be doubled. Many users, even arabic users,
confuse these things and pronounce the LAM. In short, I am not going to say
shadda is compulsary as some people say but it's highly recommended.

> >* Previously it's  "رجاء أزل أي أقراص مرنة من السّوّاقة،- you changed it
> > to رجاء ازل removing the hamza which is not correct. This verb is based
> > on 4 letters so the hamza should be there. You also did the same thing in
> > إلغاء and أنشئ and ... so you need to revise your knowledge regarding
> > this rule.
>
> are you sure, Ok, we will talk about this soon ...

yse sure.

--
Munzir Taha  PGP Key available

Mandrake Club member
Maintainer of the Open Arabic Bugs Project at
http://wiki.arabeyes.org/OpenBugs
CIW Designer, ICDL, MOUS
New Horizons CLC
Riyadh, SA