[Fedora-trans-ar] arabic-fedora.org logo

Munzir Taha munzirtaha at newhorizons.com.sa
Tue Nov 9 12:55:49 UTC 2004

> Yeah, There is no such hats.. fedora hat which means felt hat or other kind
> of hats were found in our traditional clothing.. what could be close to
> such thing i don't know what's called.. Munzir is it "ghutra" don't know
> what's meaning either.. anyway..
>  i guess replacing fedora hat with man scarf and that black cord placed
> above the scarf would be something oriental shows it's arabic thing..

linux4arabs already used such a logo so we need to distinguish ourselves a
little.

> What do you think Munzir.. am helping you to get an idea.. the T-Shirts is
> waiting you..

Thanks it's not an easy job I've just discovered. I found that I am always
doing two steps while designing.
Step #1: Design (on paper and PC)
Step #2: Look at it again and drag to trash ;)

For examples see below...

> Sherif.. You forgot to tell the size of logo.. don't tell me it's 80x80
> pixels it's too small..

This is exactly my problem, I realize this is a logo not a banner so may be
the best thing is just to type the name of the site in color like Fedora
logo ;) However, this is the last idea which I came with

Step #1: Design
* The text is the website name which help spread the word. I also intentionaly
added the .org to reflect that I used OOo Draw to design part of this logo.
* The colors used are blue, green, and orange to blend well with Fedora colors
and the website theme.
* The square blocks reflect our steps towards building a stable system. The
base is missing one block which will be put when we don't have arabic-related
bugs with the base tools such as Qt, GTK, ICU, ...
* I could change the size to whichever but the file size is still big so I may
need to use a vector program (sodipodi?) and export to SVG. I am sorry I
haven't time nowadays to play ;)

Step #2: Drag to trash
Already done ;)
Why?

A little cluttered and not very suitable for small sizes

Comments?

--
Munzir Taha  PGP Key available

Mandrake Club Member
Maintainer of the Open Arabic Bugs Project at
http://wiki.arabeyes.org/OpenBugs
CIW Designer, ICDL, MOUS, Linux+, LPI 101
New Horizons CLC, Riyadh, SA