[Fedora-trans-ar] arabic-fedora.org logo

Sherif Abdelgawad sabdelg at redhat.com
Fri Nov 12 21:15:34 UTC 2004

> I discovered too late that gimp had very nice Arabic fonts. I will give it
> another try during the weekend in shâ'a Allâh. I won't mind if someone
> builds on the idea of tarboush and comes up with a nice looking logo,
> alright ? :-)

I agree , I like the tarboush3 though : ) .. dark red is nice, yet I belive
it need to get it a bit lighter.

Anyone would like to take that and build over? : )

I put all the pics already in the Photo Gallery section of the site
where you guys can add comment and rank each one. Check:

http://www.arabic-fedora.org/index.php?option=com_rsgallery

> Nice idea. I guess we may need to wait until all the competitors have
> submitted something before opening the vote. The best way to handle this
> question may be to decide of a deadline for submission (like december
> 15th, or whatever). In the meanwhile, we can send proposals and get
> feedback, try some improvements before the time runs out. :-)

Feedback on enhancement might be good. The link above has
option that ppl can add comments and rank it, which will help
you enhance your work and resubmit newer one : )

> Another comment that popped to my mind was : we need both a banner and a
> logo. I would classify Munzir's slick design in the banner category, as he
> suggested. What do you guys think ?

I would tend to agree .. I like the one from Munzir as banner too : )

Does not matter that he will not get a t-shirt though ;)

Sherif