[Fedora-trans-ar] Glossary - release / version

Munzir Taha munzirtaha at newhorizons.com.sa
Thu Nov 18 01:29:48 UTC 2004

On Yaum al-Arbi'a 04 Shawwal 1425 15:48, Mohammad Ghoniem wrote:
> Salâms,
>
> Mohamed Eldesoky wrote:
> >>Sherif may I suggest that we exchange it so that
> >>Version نسخة
> >>Release إصدار
> >>
> >>It conforms better with the dictionaries I have at hand.
> >
> >I agree to that.
>
> I also agree. However, I am still not satisfied with the translation of
> "version". نسخة would rather mean "copy", right ? If we take in
> consideration that a version maybe a revision, or a bugfix (or even a
> release !) we may try a more qualified translation such as نسخة معدلة or
> نسخة منقحة or in a shorter fashion تعديل or تنقيح.
>
> If we apply this to the previous example (bash-2.05b-29.0.3.i386.rpm),
> we would have something like :
> إصدار 2.05
> تعديل 29.0.3
I thought many times about your suggestions. I can't say but your suggestion
is correct, mine is wrong. Actually, you worth a prize for this suggestion.
Take it from Sherif ;)

I am very satisfied now with this
version تعديل
release إصدار

I am waiting for Sherif comment ;)

BTW: I am very satisfied with the way this discussion continues and how
sharing opinions make ideas clear. Thanks a lot.

--
Munzir Taha  PGP Key available

Mandrake Club Member
Maintainer of the Open Arabic Bugs Project at
http://wiki.arabeyes.org/OpenBugs
CIW Designer, ICDL, MOUS, Linux+, LPI 101
New Horizons CLC, Riyadh, SA