[Fedora-trans-ar] Our beloved qamoose

Munzir Taha munzirtaha at newhorizons.com.sa
Thu Nov 25 21:59:11 UTC 2004

Salam,
I am now checking some words to the Qamoose but want to point some issues:

1. I believe it's better to refrain from clear words that nobody confuse like
date, error,... (or is it confusable to some?)

2. Default is افتراضي with only one YEH.

3. Don't add الـ where it's not necessary like in Directory.

4. If the encoding of the page is unicode(utf-8) then translation for
Filesystem and home dir will not appear correctly (Which should  mean that
those two are cp 1256 and the others are utf-8) Whereas, if the encoding of
the page is cp 1256 then all my translations doesn't show and all the others
show properly (which means that there is something wrong somewhere). To
interpret this is behind my knowledge, will you please explain.

Keep up the good work!

--
Munzir Taha  PGP Key available

Mandrake Club Member
Maintainer of the Open Arabic Bugs Project at
http://wiki.arabeyes.org/OpenBugs
CIW Designer, ICDL, MOUS, Linux+, LPI 101
New Horizons CLC, Riyadh, SA