Fwd: [Fedora-trans-ar] CVS Account Activation

Turki Al-Ibrahim turkim at gmail.com
Sun Nov 28 20:39:01 UTC 2004

On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 02:28:18 +0100 (MET), maha helwa <mahahelwa at gmx.net> wrote:
> Turki..
> What's your problem with CVS.. this is a good test to see how good was it
> the article "How to contribute in ..".
> if you are facing a problem, we should address the and solve it then
> document it in the same article or in another one.
>
> Maha

Well , here is what I did , I exported the following variables :
         CVSROOT=:ext:turki at i18n.redhat.com:/usr/local/CVS
         &
         CVS_RSH=ssh

Then , I execured the following command :
           # cvs -z9 co translate
I got this error:
           Connection closed by 66.187.233.241
           cvs [checkout aborted]: end of file from server (consult
above messages if any)

Then , how to use CVS (by example), what does check-in and check-out
means ? how to browse files and folders ? how to copy a file from both
directions ?

And as suggested earlier , document how to configure and use a gui tool.