[Fedora-trans-ar] Find/Replace in All Files.. tool/script ?!

Munzir Taha munzirtaha at newhorizons.com.sa
Wed Sep 8 09:38:36 UTC 2004

On Yau al-Thulatha 22 Rajab 1425 21:59, maha helwa wrote:
> > > I want to ask about something.. is there is a command we can use to
> > > Find/Replace in All files.. so whenever we found a word like daemon..

> > I am afraid it would be easier and more accurate to just go Edit ->
> > Replace
> > ALL. I can't imagine an easy way to do it via a script.

If you use kbabel for translations you will save yourself a lot of hassle and
details because you can look how the word is translated in other files. Copy
another translation, replace in all files in one go...

> Well, I didn't find such an option in my version of 'PoEditor 1.2.5'..  and
> i thought why don't we find a way to replace strings in all files not only
> the file you editing!!
> There must be such way i guess using a script or through a tool.. i guess
> so!!

It's a one line sed or perl script but the problem this may yield erroneous
results when the word is withing a context that's different. This is why we
have comments on the .po files telling the context. Since we are in QA these
things should be humanly-based rather than machine-based.

--
Munzir Taha  PGP Key available

Maintainer of the Open Arabic Bugs Project at
http://wiki.arabeyes.org/OpenBugs
CIW Designer, ICDL, MOUS, Linux+
New Horizons CLC
Riyadh, SA