[Fedora-trans-ar] Re: Arabic issue #29: Some Arabic fonts doesn't display any character in Qt

Munzir Taha munzirtaha at newhorizons.com.sa
Tue Apr 26 21:08:13 UTC 2005

On Yaum al-Khamees 29 Muharram 1426 07:31, Munzir Taha wrote:
> Qt 4.0.0-b2-snapshot-20050308
> System: Linux 2.6.10-1mdk i686 AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3200+ GNU/Linux
>
> CODE:
> QApplication::setFont(QFont("Arabic Transparent", 72));
> QTextEdit *text = new QTextEdit(trUtf8("بس"));

> Nothing is displayed in QTextEdit though two characters are passed to the
> constructor.

Now I can even say that Qt handling of fonts is very buggy. I checked with
your demos/textedit/textedit:

Arabic Transparent: doesn't show letters at all or show them broken
Diwani Letter: shows gaps and spacing between the letters
Hesham Gornata and hundereds of my fonts: are not even considered as fonts;
they change nothing.

You can test with Hesham Gornata from:
http://www.arabic-fedora.org/munzir/hgornata.ttf
The first two fonts are well-known from MS Office.

--
Munzir Taha  PGP Key available

Mandrake Club Member
Maintainer of the OpenBugs project page at
http://www.arabic-fedora.org/munzir/OpenBugs.html
https://listman.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-trans-ar
Master CIW Designer, ICDL, MOUS, Linux+, LPI 101
New Horizons CLC, Riyadh, SA