[Fedora-trans-ar] Re: Trademarks & Translations.. How about service, servers, deamons and realms' names...

Maha Helwa ms.helwa at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 21:29:23 UTC 2005

Okay.. another issue.. not sure if we did discuss it before or not.. i need
somebody to remind me..

something like service/server names, leave them as they are in English and
not to transliterate them or try to define or put a brief description about
this service or server.. :

Samba server: (samba) خادم السامبا
(samba) خادم المشتركات
or samba خادم
In this case i perfer the 3rd one.. i can't put an accurate desc, so what's
the rule here?!

Btw, I've see a very nice translation today..lol
kerberos realm: مملكة كِرْبيروس
I should be a smart person and buildup a realm called "helwa realm" so when
its translation become something like this one "مملكة البيوتفل"

Any suggestion.. i don't know what realm means here.. is its scope bigger
than a daemon .. something control a set of deamons or what.. what exactly
its definition..