[Fedora-trans-ar] initscripts -> Ghoneim

Mohammad Ghoniem mohammad.ghoniem at univ-ubs.fr
Wed Aug 24 17:08:50 UTC 2005

sabdelg at redhat.com a écrit :

>> Sherif, I have not reviewed the whole file. ;-)
>> My work bore on untranslated and fuzzy strings only.
>

> oh ok then :) How about take this file to review then ? ;)

No problem. But I guess priority goes to completing the translation
before reviewing it from A to Z. If so, send me another po file.

>>> Use "estekhdam" rather than "este3mal"
>>

>> I would prefer :
>> الصيغة
>> or
>> صيغة الاستخدام
>
> - Usage ...
>
> Both are much better :)

ok, let us vote for either one unless there are other suggestions. :)

> Maha caught this one befor if I remmber correctly .. so let us make
> sure there
> is no 3afareet in our translation LOL

yep. Can you perform any grep command to locate all occurrences of
3afreet and 3afareet in the po files ?

>>> Unmounting is not "ezalet tasbeet" .. we need to find word for mount
>>> and unmount
>>

>> فك
>
> - Unmounting CIFS filesystems
>
> could be!

ok, let us say فك for unmount. (check also
http://www.c4arab.com/qamoos/mean.php?word=Unmount) What about تركيب for
mount ?

>>> "gary ekaf moder el 3ard" ... hmm
>>> How abuot "gary eghlak mota7akem al 3ard 3ala el shasha" , or
>>> something that
>>> explain this better.
>>

>> I would rather avoid paraphrasing.
>
> - Shutting down display manager
>
> I would too, but if just sticking to the same words would not convey
> the meaning

Actually a display manager does not only deal with monitors, it could be
a video projector, and why not wearable devices such as glasses. :)
Therefore, sticking to the general term display/3ard seems to be the
right option as far as I know.

> I tend to belive that providing the proper msg is the goal not
> "targama 7arfya".

Fortunately, we agree on that. ;)

Salâm