[Fedora-trans-ar] Re: Arabic issue #6: Harakat/Diacritics position is not correct.

Munzir Taha munzirtaha at newhorizons.com.sa
Thu Feb 24 07:00:57 UTC 2005

On Yaum al-Arbi'a 29 Thu al-Hijjah 1425 7:28 pm, Lars Knoll wrote:
> On Tuesday 01 February 2005 04:35, Munzir Taha wrote:
> > On Yaum al-Ahad 19 Thu al-Hijjah 1425 9:19 pm, Munzir Taha wrote:
> > > Qt Version: qt-x11-opensource-4.0.0-b1
> > > System: Mandrake 10.1 on AMD64
> > >

> > > CODE:
> > >         QTextEdit *text = new QTextEdit(QObject::trUtf8("ﺃ"));
> > >
> > > PROBLEM: The diacritic FATHATAN (064B) appears under the ALEF though it
> > > should appear over it.
> >
> > This bug is still valid with snapshot
> > Qt Version: qt-x11-opensource-4.0.0-b2-snapshot-20050131
>
> This and issue #4 and #5 should be fixed with tonights snapshot.

The position is still not correct. The situation now is that the HARAKAT would
not appear at all! Actually it's there but the HARAKA is now too far from the
letter that you can't see it if it's on the first line of a top-aligned text.
I would appear +/-1 line above/below the letter!

Doesn't Qt supports OpenType? Shouldn't the position of HARAKAT be extracted
from the OpenType font tables?

--
Munzir Taha  PGP Key available

Mandrake Club Member
Maintainer of the OpenBugs Wiki page at
http://arabic-fedora.org/
https://listman.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-trans-ar
CIW Designer, ICDL, MOUS, Linux+, LPI 101
New Horizons CLC, Riyadh, SA