[Fedora-trans-ar] what do you want to translate today?

Munzir Taha munzirtaha at newhorizons.com.sa
Tue Jan 11 04:04:15 UTC 2005

On Yaum al-Khamees 25 Thu al-Qi`dah 1425 12:08 am, Maha Helwa wrote:
> Hi All...
> seems that we all getting busy these days.. hope everyone is fine..
> and everything is ok with you.

Alhamdulillah.

> Munzir.. do u mean these apps should be already exists in FC
> packages..this is what we've been already doing?!  if this the case..

What we are now doing is translating tools that are made by RedHat/Fedora
teams only for this specific distribution. RedHat/Fedora uses millions of
other open source projects on their distribution. These programs translation
files are on their relevant sites not here in our cvs. Think about KDE,
GNOME, OpenOffice.org, ...

For some applications ther are already people working on them. What I am
asking for is to help me figure those important project that no one is taking
care of so we can help.

> Well, from your talks seems that u did not specify a certain scope
> you're going to work on.. i guess you should know who might be
> interested at first place..think about who is your audiance  your
> target at the end.. students programmers administrators babysitters...

My scope is the normal arabic Joe ;) I mean that Muhammad Ahmed guy who use
computers for everyday work. Muhammad Ahmed could be that young boy or girl
in the kindergarten until he got old and wants to drag a chair and watch Omer
Almukhtar video with kaffeine ;)

> I'll think about it and ask ppl round me... maybe i'll came up with a
> nice list :)

Yes, please. To help I am attaching my current list and hope you or any one
familiar with the wiki to put a page there and help fill the gaps. We can
then put priorities and begin working. What I want from you, if I may ask, is
to concentrate on QA, review and putting guidelines and priorites. I want to
save your efforts to things that only you can do. Though our translators are
good they can't be like you who are familiar with open source projects.
However, they would make your job much easier. We are not in a haste. Take
your time but let's do something that would have an impact on next
generations.

> Anyway.. how is our translation.. why did u all stopped!!

They say ladies first let me ask about your file. ?

"We didn't do it. Even if we did, these guys said we could, but we didn't. And
even if we did, which we didn't, not only did these guys say we could (but we
didn't), but these nobks did the same thing, so we should be allowed to do
it. Which we didn't."
--SCO vs IBM

> well, i'll be busy the next couple of weeks.. after that i'll be with
> u soon.. isALLAH

np.

--
Munzir Taha  PGP Key available

Mandrake Club Member
Maintainer of the Open Arabic Bugs Project at
http://wiki.arabeyes.org/OpenBugs
CIW Designer, ICDL, MOUS, Linux+, LPI 101
New Horizons CLC, Riyadh, SA