[Fedora-trans-ar] Re: Qt4 beta1 Arabic Bugs

Munzir Taha munzirtaha at newhorizons.com.sa
Sat Jan 29 00:08:14 UTC 2005

On Yaum al-Jumma 17 Thu al-Hijjah 1425 12:40 am, Dimitri wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > I wonder is it that I am missing something or is it no body have
> > developed Arabic software with Qt!
>
> Yes, I assume not much Arabic software has been written with Qt 4 :-)
> Seriously, some of these issues may be specific to Qt 4.

Thanks at least now I know those are real bugs and not just silly postings out
of ignorance ;)

8. Accelerator and QMenu
CODE: From the Qt examples I tested like this:
/examples/mainwindows/application/mainwindow.cpp:
editMenu = menuBar()->addMenu(trUtf8("ﺕ&ﺡﺮﻳﺭ"((;

The order of Arabic letters is messed

9. Arabic letters disappear when diacritics are used!
I manage to reproduce this in QLabel, QTextEdit and QLineEdit
اً
The above line is the first letter of the Arabic alphabet and a diacritic over
it (FATHATAN). When I type or paste this, it disappears!

10. Shortcuts don't work when an Arabic letter is used:

CODE:
pb.setShortcut(QObject::trUtf8("Ctrl+ن", "Quit"));

11. setReverseLayout() is not a member of QApplication!
        QApplication::setReverseLayout();
gives
error: `setReverseLayout' is not a member of `QApplication'
Is this related to styles not being implemented yet or what?

12.
5. Arabic letters disappear when diacritics are used!

I managed to reproduce this with

CODE:
QTextEdit *text = new QTextEdit(QObject::trUtf8("ا"));

PROBLEM: you want see any letters displayed!
اً
The above line is the first letter of the Arabic alphabet and a diacritic over
it (FATHATAN). When I type or paste this, it disappears!

Keep up the good work and thanks blanchette, ... for the nice book!

--
Munzir Taha  PGP Key available

Mandrake Club Member
Maintainer of the Open Arabic Bugs Project at
http://wiki.arabeyes.org/OpenBugs
https://listman.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-trans-ar
CIW Designer, ICDL, MOUS, Linux+, LPI 101
New Horizons CLC, Riyadh, SA