[Fedora-trans-ar] What am I missing in FC4?

Mohammad Ghoniem Mohammad.Ghoniem at univ-ubs.fr
Wed Jun 29 11:39:50 UTC 2005

Munzir Taha wrote:

>>P.S : the management of translators' accounts is a real pain. I am
>>considering quitting the job as long as redhat does not care about
>>putting up an account/password reset system.
>>

>No, please. first this fedora not redhat which means that all the work here is
>done by volunteers.

Munzir, I have been involved in many volunteer intiatives in the last 10
years. I don't mind giving my time and more for the sake of the common
interest (or even for fun). I do however appreciate when proper tools
are used to help volunteers do their work as effectively as possible.
Having to send a couple of mails to solve a login issue is acceptable.
When it takes several days each time before you get an answer and when
the answer does not actually solve your problem, you tend to look for
something else to do.

>They have nothing against it but simply they can't afford
>the time to do it.

Time is money, isn't it ? This means redhat may not value the work we
are doing.

>Besides, I am here to help. Just send me your files and I would commit it and
>make sure that your name is there so nothing lost.

You are very kind and helpful (anaconda is now in your mailbox). The
matter is not a matter of names and free software will continue with or
without any individual per se. The point is I can't imagine any valid
reason for working for ever with inadequate tools. Still, you can send
other files my way...

salâm