[Fedora-trans-ar] Arabic issue #27: QFontDialog::getFont doesn't display the sample text in the language of the font

Munzir Taha munzirtaha at newhorizons.com.sa
Tue Mar 8 05:40:59 UTC 2005

System: Linux 2.6.10-1mdk i686 AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3200+ GNU/Linux
Qt: 4.0.0-b2-snapshot-20050306

CODE:
QFontDialog::getFont
as in
examples/dialogs/standarddialogs/standarddialogs

PROBLEM:
The QFontDialog box doesn't display the sample text in the language/characters
available. I expect to see Arabic letters when I select Fonts with only
Arabic letters available. This should be detected automatically if possible.
Otherwise, in case of fonts which supports many languages there should be a
Language combo box as in OpenOffice.org.

Another note is that the "Writing System" QComboBox doesn't sort the items
alphabetically in the Writing System combo box so it's
rather difficult to find the script.

--
Munzir Taha  PGP Key available

Mandrake Club Member
Maintainer of the OpenBugs Wiki page at
http://arabic-fedora.org/
https://listman.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-trans-ar
CIW Designer, ICDL, MOUS, Linux+, LPI 101
New Horizons CLC, Riyadh, SA