[Fedora-trans-ar] Re: Arabic issue #44: the default layout direction DOESN'T depend on the application's language

Munzir Taha munzirtaha at newhorizons.com.sa
Sat May 28 22:00:16 UTC 2005

في يوم السّبت 19 ربيع الثّاني 1426 16:51, كتب Lars Knoll:
> On Friday 27 May 2005 18:20, Munzir Taha wrote:

> > qapplication.html:
> > On system start-up, the default layout direction depends on the

What if you removed that phrase "On system start-up"? would it be wrong?

> The locale you use has nothing to do with the default layout direction.
> This is because we don't want an app that is not translated to arabic to
> come up reversed just because you run an arabic locale.
>
> You have to either translate it to arabic,

Ok let me translate it then:

I added

TRANSLATIONS = test_ar.ts

to my test.pro file

test.cpp only contains

        QPushButton hello(QPushButton::tr("Hello Qt!"));

Now I ran

$ lupdate -verbose test.pro
Updating 'test_ar.ts'...
 0 known, 0 new, and 0 obsoleted messages

As if lupdate is not working or am I missing something?

--
Munzir Taha  PGP Key available