[Fedora-trans-ar] foss.org.sa a work in progress ....

Munzir Taha munzirtaha at gmail.com
Sun Jul 23 12:13:33 UTC 2006

On Sunday 23 July 2006 03:02, Maha Helwa wrote:
> Just wondering.. is Ghoniem included in this team ya Munzir..

The work has been done so far is the design of the site, lots of translation
work and rtl issues beside some plans.

> he did some
> old work but didn't show up because i didn't continue or actually,
> continued then stopped.. continued then stopped..

I tried pootle and really satisfied with it and I see it as a very good start
and the developer is a very helpful guy. I would need you and Ghoneim to test
the system and suggest what's missing and then go implement it. It's python
so it should be easy ;)

> I wish Ghoniem is one among these ppl.. becasue he want it to do
> something.. Anyway.. it's good start ppl :)) thanks for ur efforts..
> Why u didn't say anything from the begining that u r working on such thing

Because I won't be able to answer your many questions such as below ;)

> Did the team have any documentation about ur implemenation or list of
> features that being offered..

> last thing.. just curiosity, will it be an open source thing or you got ur
> own copy-rights on it..

Surely, we have copyrights on all our contributions but it's all under GPL
license.

> Note: i heard that women have to say 6k word/day, while men only 2k word..

6k or 6G? ;)

> hmmm.. there is another thing want to ask about..
> Is there any intention to build.. sort of online editing of PO files.. and
> make roles to registered users.. i mean translators, maintainer; Our former
> reviewer; and system admin reponsible to check-in/out the files from/to
> repository server..

All of this is now implemented. Thanks to pootle developers.

--
Munzir Taha