[Fedora-trans-ar] shell, pre-installed, post-installed translation (was: Ping)

Munzir Taha munzirtaha at gmail.com
Thu May 11 17:39:25 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 10 May 2006 18:43, Mueen Issa wrote:
> Hello Munzir,

Hello Mueen,

> I found the project while searching for translation. But I don't know where
> to start. can you give me a hand here? I appreciate it.

Sure, go to http://www.arabic-fedora.org/ Click the link "CVS". Download any
ar.po from whatever package you choose. Open it in any editor like kedit or
gedit or even notepad if you happen to run that thingie. Just take a look and
close it.

Now, open it with kbabel. If this got you interested read
http://docs.kde.org/stable/en/kdesdk/kbabel/index.html or part of it at
least. Then ask. That's all ;)

Please, don't do any serious translation with those files since they are  a
bit old just experiment with the idea and report back when you are ready to
do a real work that finds itself in fedora next distribution.

Hope this would also help Mohamed Akl (F0LL0W3R) to start translation.

--
Munzir Taha