[fedora-trans-el] Re: Problem with a localized html version of FC6 release notes

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Wed Oct 11 01:08:03 UTC 2006

O/H Karsten Wade έγραψε:
> On Mon, 2006-10-09 at 01:28 +0300, Nikos Charonitakis wrote:
>> In a rawhide system with Greek locale there is a report that when a
>> user clicks on release notes link (welcome page) an English version of
>> release notes appears.
>> Although there is a html file containing Greek release notes, FireFox
>> opens the wrong file...
>> Is this a problem with other locales or Greek specific?
>> Can we do something?
>
> Paul may correct me here, but this is what I think is happening.
>
> We were *not* able to make an 'adaptive index', meaning, one that would
> detect the browser's language and load the localized welcome/homepage.

I have some good news on this front.

>From RC2, Firefox 2 returns the correct language depending on the locale and the
adaptive index will work as expected.

You can try it yourself using the remi RPM, which has some languages loaded (en,
de, es, fr, it, ru):

  http://remi.collet.free.fr/index.php?2006/10/09/212-firefox-2-rc2

Thanks to Kostas Papadimas for the tip on `fedora-trans-el`.

-d

--
Dimitris Glezos
http://dimitris.glezos.com/