Subject: Re: s/OpenOffice/OpenOffice.org
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 17:16:46 -0400
From: Jeremy Katz <katzj @ redhat.com>
To: Fedora Translation Project List <fedora-trans-list @ redhat.com>

On Thu, 2004-09-30 at 15:03 +0300, Munzir Taha wrote:
> The updated translation of anaconda has this entry
>
> \tOffice suite (OpenOffice)\n
>
> For some reason (space?) someone has changed it from OpenOffice.org to
> OpenOffice. AFAIK the product name is OO.o and shouldn't be changed, no?
>
> I am also not sure whether the other office programs (koffice,...) should
> install themselves in this category. If so, then definitely we need not
> mention OO.o here.

OOo is the only thing that's there by default.  This is a mistake and
fixed in CVS (hopefully without changing strings as there were other
copies of the same string that I just copied in instead).

But, I have had to change a few strings recently to fix up messages to
be correct (referencing Red Hat Linux is wrong and mozilla is no longer
the default web browser).  I've updated the pot and po files
accordingly.  Since anaconda gets built up until the last minute, if you
get the changes done this weekend, they should be able to be present in
test3 and if you get them in by October 9th, they should be good to make
it into the final release.  It looks like the total number of strings
affected here is roughly 3.

Sorry for the late changes.

Jeremy