[Fedora-trans-list] Key dates for Fedora Core 2 translation

Michael Hideo mhideo at redhat.com
Thu Dec 18 01:08:00 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-12-18 at 10:32, Alan Cox wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 18, 2003 at 10:08:29AM +1000, Sarah Wang wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > According to the schedule on:
> >
> > http://fedora.redhat.com/participate/schedule/
> >
> > The software string freeze date is _13th Feb 2004_, which means after
> > that date we shouldn't expect any pot file changes (hopefully :))
> >
> > The translation deadline is _5th Mar 2004_, which means after that date
> > no translation or modification of po files will be accepted (you will
> > still be able to commit to cvs but won't be integrated to the final build).
> >
> > So if you would like to see Fedora appearing in your language fully
> > translated, the period between above two dates would be for translaion
> > and proofreading, and March 5th is the date can't be missed.
>
> Is there going to be a date before which translations *are* going to get in
> this time ?

That's a good point. Sarah, there needs to be an upstream "po migration"
event in the schedule that is communicated to developers. we've seen
this in Gnome, KDE, our distro and other distros, where i18n
contributions do not make it into the final packages.

it would be nice to have a robot sit in-between somewhere that flags
developers that there are fuzzy and/or untranslated strings before
building final packages.