Translation deadline -- questions

Josep Puigdemont baldrick at terra.es
Mon Apr 5 18:35:56 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-04-05 at 13:46, Alan Cox wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 05, 2004 at 12:49:12PM +0200, Josep Puigdemont wrote:
> > Will the translation build freeze assure that _all_ translations done
> > (to that date) are included in FC 2? Or the translators still have to
> > bug the maintainers so they will include them?
>
> Some of the pot files still seem to be out of date in the base
> translation tree too, and some of the po files (quite a few) are still
> missing from packages

I just wanted to know if there was an internal policy that would force
the maintainers to merge the po files before the release, or if it is up
to them to do it. In the first case, I would expect the latest
translations to be present in the final release, in the later case,
though, I think it would be wise to bug (bother :) the maintainer.

I haven't review the apps yet, but I suppose this means downloading the
cvs source for each app, and check that the po files are the latest?
That is: 'cvs co anaconda' (maybe?)

> > For the Red Hat guys and girls:
> > I reported a bug (19525) because my language is not included in anaconda
> > installer. I'm affraid that since I labeled it as "enhancement" it might
> > not be considered for being "solved" before FC 2 final release. What's
> > your opinion here?
>
> Did you include the table entry Jeremy asked for ?

(It was actually Bill Nottingham)
I noticed I missed a '1' in the bug, the correct number is 119525.
Answering to your question, yes, I did provide a table with the data he
asked for, although I don't know if it is exactly what he
needed/expected. I guess I'll find out, I just hope before it is too
late for FC 2 :)

Thanks a lot Alan,
and by the way, I know it is late, but congratulations for the very much
deserved FSF award you received at FOSDEM this year.

/Josep