To package maintainers

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Tue Apr 6 17:42:48 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-04-06 at 14:43 +0600, Jamil Ahmed wrote:
>         Today I have downloaded FC Test 2 and checked Anaconda.
> But Bangla/Bengali is not included in the installer...!!!

For translations to be shown in anaconda, I need the following:
1) Confirmation that we ship a working font to display the language in
X.  If it's a language with all new glyphs (which I believe Bengali is),
then I need to know what package the font comes from and which font to
use so that it will actually display in the installer
2) The following information for the lang-table
  * console keyboard map to use
  * default time zone (eg, America/New York)
  * console font to use
  * default locale
  * keyboard mapping to use in X

And this information needs to be in bugzilla so that I don't lose track
of it.

I used to track all of this information down myself, but I just don't
have the time to do so anymore. :(

Jeremy