Please Help!

Sharuzzaman Ahmat Raslan sharuzzaman at myrealbox.com
Thu Apr 15 16:28:02 UTC 2004

Ahmet Mulalic wrote:
> Me and some of the member from Linux User Group of BiH are extremly
> interested in translating Fedora on bosnian language. Please can you
> tell us where to find .pot files for the translation and what to do
> after we finish the translation.

Hello Ahmet,

First you have to sign up to become a translator. Please visit
http://fedora.redhat.com/projects/translations/ and click at the "sign
up page" link.

On the sign up page, fill in the blank spaces with information and
submit. Project maintainer will contact you regarding your registration.
If everything is OK, your username and SSH key will be added to the
translation CVS server.

After that, you can checkout the module that you need to start
translating. The module is named "translate". The command that you must
perform before checking out is as below:

# export CVS_RSH=ssh
# export CVSROOT=:ext:<username>@elvis.redhat.com:/usr/local/CVS

then you can checkout by issuing command:

# cvs checkout translate

depending on the speed of your Internet connection, you may have to wait
for a few minutes until it finish checking out all the files

After finish checking out the files, you can start translating the pot
files into Bosnian language using your favourite tools.

I hope you know how to add, commit and update to the CVS. If not, feel
free to ask here, and we will point you to the appropriate direction.

Happy translating! :)

p/s: To maintainers, can some of the information in this email like the
name of the translation module and CVSROOT setting be put on the
Translation Project page, so that other people can access it easily.
Hopefully it will make the project more "translator friendly" :)

-----
Sharuzzaman Ahmat Raslan
Malay Translator
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia