To clarify a few issues

Munzir Taha munzirtaha at newhorizons.com.sa
Wed Dec 8 22:38:19 UTC 2004

On Yau al-Thulatha 24 Shawwal 1425 2:46 am, Sarah Wang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Firstly I'd like to apologize for not being very responsive lately.

No problem. You are doing a great job!

> 1) directory structure:
> "translate" is not a "real" module. It's composed of all po/ directories
> of all packages. Whenever a new package is created and contains po files
> need to be translated, the po/ directory is added to "translate" module
> definition. So you can't use "cvs co <package-name>/<filename>" to get
> the po files.
> When a new package is added to "translate" module, there are a few ways
> to check it out from cvs:
> a) "cvs up -d" in your translate/ directory (may or maynot work)

My main problem against this is my slow connection. This will download all the
languages for all the packages, isn't it? I would suggest (if not a problem
for you and others) a reorganization of the translate module to have all .pot
files in one module/folder and each language in it's own module/folder like in
KDE for example. This would let each translator download all the files
concerning his language easily. We wouldn't also need to guess the place
of the po file on the server (in a po folder or not) to download it, am I
wrong?

p.s. Remember, volunteering is the best choice! I'd hate to invoke
clause 12.A of section 543 of your employment contract; which if you
are not familiar with, allows us to appoint volunteeres.
                             *Quoted From doom 3*

--
Munzir Taha  PGP Key available

Mandrake Club Member
Maintainer of the Open Arabic Bugs Project at
http://wiki.arabeyes.org/OpenBugs
CIW Designer, ICDL, MOUS, Linux+, LPI 101
New Horizons CLC, Riyadh, SA