[Fedora-trans-list] FAQ

Noriko Mizumoto noriko at redhat.com
Thu Jan 8 04:54:36 UTC 2004

Hi all

I am fedora-trans-ja maintainer, Noriko.
Fedora-trans-ja have received several questions regarding general
translation at fedora-trans-ja as follows.
These might be useful for other languages, so that I decided to copy the
questions here and answer.
The questions have been translated into English, so originator of
questions, please correct me if mistranslated.
Please, all langs maintainers, add any information which is not in my
answer, or correct me if I am wrong.

Q. Do you have the schedule which shows the detail of documentation for
translation?
Answer
Sorry I myself have no idea. Please anyone give us some idea.
However I can say, if you subscribe fedora-docs-list, you will be able
to know what documentation have been under construction.

Q. What would be differenct from current contents (incl. fedora-docs)
Answer
The difference is the defference developed between Core1 and 2 so on.
If you ask this question at fedora-docs-list, there must be more precise
answer provided.

Q. Please give information which contents will not be revised, such as
Fedora Core 1 Release Note.
Answer
Core1 has been released, so that it's release note is not changed.
Basically most documentation will be maintained along with the
development,
which means some translation work for modified area may be required.
Again at fedora-docs-list, you might be able to get detailed answer.

Q. What kind of plan is in progress internally?
Answer
web page for each lang, which will be given to each lang community
cvs repository for each lang, which allows translators start to work all
documentation

Q. Which materials will not be available by due date?
Answer
Software translation environment is ready.
Other documentation will be up to docs team.
Usually docs team used to prepare and finalize documentation,
and then they have dropped them which are required translation work to
trans team.

Q. Is there any cvs-log like mailing list exist, such as
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=3696706&forum_id=33210 ?
Answer
Maintainer, at where can we make this kind of question???

I thank your questions.

Noriko