Auto-Release after 1 week enabled

Bernd Groh bgroh at redhat.com
Mon Jul 5 23:23:51 UTC 2004

Hi Rodolfo,

Rodolfo M. Raya schrieb:

>On Thu, 2004-07-01 at 22:34, Bernd Groh wrote:
>

>>Hi All,
>>
>>since people can forget to release a module after they've stopped
>>working on it, we've implemented a mechanism that releases a module
>>after one week (for now) of no commit automatically. We start to send
>>out reminders after 3 days of no commit, and do an automatic release
>>every Monday Morning 6ish GMT (starting this coming Monday). Of course,
>>we can further discuss what a good time-frame is or whether that's a
>>good system at all, but for now we've put it in place.
>>

>Hi,
>
>Could you change the system to release the file one week after the file
>was taken?

I'll put it up for discussion.

>One week seems OK to me, but count since the file is taken.
>
>I usually translate on weekends and take a couple of days for reviewing,
>this means I commit on Monday or Tuesday. If the system releases the
>file on Monday morning (Sunday night my time), it will be an annoyance.

If you usually translate on the weekend, and take the file, let's say
Friday or Saturday, then it won't be automatically released on Monday
Morning, since you didn't have it for a week yet. It will only be
released the Monday the week after. Your commit on Monday or Tuesday
would let you keep it for another week though, given it's not finished.

I simply wanted to release files of which I know people aren't really
working on at the moment, that's why I've chosen commit, rather than
take. But I'm happy to discuss it.

Bernd

--
Dr. Bernd R. Groh                       Phone : +61 7 3514 8114
Software Engineer (Localization)        Fax   : +61 7 3514 8199