Annoucement: New translation status page is installed

Keld Jørn Simonsen keld at dkuug.dk
Thu Jul 8 10:16:35 UTC 2004

Hi,

I dont get this new arrangement. I understand that with the new setup
other people can steal the ownership of the translation files that I
have done, if there are a few translations that have not been done for
some days. That is not very desirable. I have maintained fedora7redhat
translations for Danish for a couple of years now, and they have always
been fully translated for each release. For the sake of the users it is
better that there is an experienced translator that can assure
consistency of the translations, than to get somebody afresh to do
occational translations.

It also breaks tradition in the open source community that one person
"owns" maintenance of a file/project until it is given up, or a longer
period of bad maintenance has occurred.

Best regards
keld