CVS question, concurrent translations

Томислав Марковски tome at users.ossm.org.mk
Tue Jul 27 06:22:45 UTC 2004

Hello, this is my question:
Recently, two of our translation team members (I and another member)
accidentaly worked on the same .po file. I didn't notice that he has
already "Take"n the file. Sometime after, I did a "cvs up" and our
translations didn't match. So I had some lines in the file which pointed
my version and his versio delimited by ">>>>> his trans ===== my trans
<<<<<<" and so on. It was hard to remove them manually, since a lot of
work has been done. I solved this by deleting the .po file and did a
"cvs up" again, which downloaded his version only. Is there a way to
overwrite my changes when updating using some cvs commands?

Thanks