Re: CVS question, concurrent translations

On dt, 2004-07-27 at 13:57, ÐÐÐÐÑÐÐÐ ÐÐÑÐÐÐÑÐÐ wrote:
> Rodolfo M. Raya wrote:
>
> >Anyway, it's a lot easier to use a graphical tool.

nooooo! 8)

> Yeah, it is. But I was wondering if there was an automated way to
> resolve conflicts. Searching through the manual, I found that this has
> to be done by hand, which is very tiresome if many strings have conflicts.
> Thanks for your help, anyway.

I use msgmerge:

$ cvs update old.po
$ msgmerge new.po old.po
(this will output to standard output, you can use "-o output_file" too)

CVS doesn't know a thing about the structure of a PO file, but msgmerge does, so you can rely better on it.

/Josep