Annoucement: New translation status page is installed

Bernd Groh bgroh at redhat.com
Wed Jun 23 23:45:35 UTC 2004

Youcef Rabah Rahal schrieb:

>On Wednesday 23 June 2004 23:29, Bernd Groh wrote:
>

>>Why don't you email Sherif and ask to release the module, as you don't
>>know him?
>>

>Indeed, I don't know him.

And that should be reason for me to disable this persons access? Because
you don't know him?

>>That's not a call I could make.
>>

>Sorry, but I don't understand. We are doing all the the translation work
>(check the recent commits), a new system is installed, a name appear from
>nowhere and we are supposed to fix the 'bugs' ? :-)

So far, you've only told me you don't know him, you haven't told me that
this person is producing bugs you need to fix, and how should I know if
you don't tell me? Is that the case? Is that person actually messing up
translations and producing 'bugs'? If so, let me know, and I'll have a
word with him, and if required disable his access. But I'm not going to
do that just because you don't know him.

>Is that reasonable ?

IMO, yes.

>I guess the worst thing a volunteer can experience is seeing someone else
>being credited for his own work.

If you are the coordinator, and hold the majority of commits, then you
do have the option of becoming a maintainer. If you chose to do so, you
are in a position to release the module from the current translator and
make it available again. If you want to put yourself into that position,
that is fine with me, but *I* am not going to disallow somebody to
participate, because somebody else doesn't know him (or her for that
matter). Question remains, do you know for a fact that this person is
producing 'bugs'?

Best Regards,
Bernd