details pls on Re: what is redhat-menus now ?

--- Miloslav Trmac <mitr volny cz> wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 14, 2004 at 09:41:24AM -0800, Alexandru
> Repede wrote:
> > i translated my package, made it redhat-menus.mo,
> put it under /usr/share/locale/LS_MESSAGES (or
> something like that) and got out of X ? when back
> in, the translation did not work (i even restarted
> my sistem).
> The redhat-menus translations do not use the .mo
> files (in fact they should
> not be shipped in the final package at all), the
> translations are
> merged in the .desktop files. You'll have to rebuild
> the package if you
> want to check the translations.
> 	Mirek
*****
can you pls tell me how to rebuild rpm packages ? or
more likely, how do i ¨open¨ the *.src.rpm, put my
¨ro.po¨ file in it and make it back *.src.rpm. i only
know how to  make *.src.rpm into *.rpm (¨rpmbuild
--rebuild <package>.src.rpm¨ or something like that)
*****