Re: hi

Hi,

Before I outline the steps for you to retrieve the POT/PO files from cvs repository, what language are you interested in doing the translation? In Fedora translation project, we have separate language specific mailing lists for each language group to discuss their own translation related problems. You can see the lists at the bottom of this page. Please subscribe to the language group that you are going to participate.

Now, please follow the instruction below to retrieve the files from central cvs repository:

======================================================================================================
Once you have submitted account request, and got it approved, you can start to check out the modules.

The CVSROOT for the software translation module is ":ext:username i18n redhat com:/usr/local/CVS". You can add aliases in your ~/.bashrc file to make life easier. The alias name can be changed using your own preference. And don't forget to substitute the "username" with your user name. eg:

alias cvs-software='export CVSROOT=:ext:username i18n redhat com:/usr/local/CVS'

Now, you are ready to check out modules. The module name for software po files is "translate". e.g.

[username host homedirectory]$ cvs-software
[username host homedirectory]$ cvs -z9 co translate

You should be able to find all software package names under ~/translate/ directory. Under each package, there are a number of po files such as "de.po" or "zh_TW.po". The name represents the language code.

Once you have checked out all of the modules under translate/ directory, you can always do 'cvs up' command to get the latest version for all of the modules.

========================================================================================================

Hope this helps. If you have any further question, please don't hesitate to ask here.

Cheers,
Ben

Arangel Angov wrote:
hi,

So how do I start now? Are there any  .pot files? and where can I get them?

Thanks.

begin:vcard
fn:Ben Wu
n:Wu;Ben Hung-Pin
org:Red Hat Asia-Pacific Pty. Ltd.;Engineering
adr:;;Level 2, 5 Gardner Close;Milton;QLD;4061;Australia
email;internet:hpwu redhat com
title:Technical Translator II
tel;work:+61 7 35148111
tel;fax:+61 7 35148199